Dear brothers and sisters,
This past weekend, some of us met in Allentown, PA in our dear sister, Rosemary’s home. We had a wonderful time and prayed for all of you during this great Feast of Pentecost.
One of the final topics discussed during the weekend was the prayer requests of the core team of the US EC and your possible answer to the Holy Spirit’s call to serve in a more concrete way in the community:
We are currently praying for:
- Someone (or a couple) to take over the responsibility of the EC blog. They will be in charge of finding news/posts, editing and posting them. Our goal is to publish a post at least once a week to keep our blog at the top of the search engine.
- Companions. We are in urgent need of companions for couples and single men and women. You do not have to have experience nor do you have to be “holy” 😉 All you need is an ear to listen and a heart to love your brother or sister on the journey of faith in the EC together.
- SOS prayer. All you need to do is give us your email and you will receive anonymous (sometimes signed by the sender) from random people who request our prayers for their specific intentions. They are not necessarily from the community. They are visitors of our blog. All you need is an email address and a couple of minutes to say a prayer for that person.
- Volunteers to send their testimony or regular news/small testimonies of occurrences in your life. The stories should be brief and they can be of past events (i.e. how you met the Lord or the EC) or even current (i.e. how you evangelized last week or encountered the Lord in an experience). You should always include a picture(s) as visuals are necessary.
- We need brothers and sisters to reach out to other brothers and sisters. Simply put, we need to be more intentional in calling/emailing our brothers and sisters, particularly the ones who are alone or hardly ever see the EC. Reach out regularly and ask how they are doing, what their prayer intentions are etc.
- We need households to adopt other households to lift up in prayer. This is an idea that was given a while ago. You can adopt another household in another country or here in the U.S. and pray for them and their needs in their local communities.
Other services are sure to come. Please pray and see if you are able to give any of your time and talent for the aforementioned services. If you discern that you are able to help out in any way, please contact Alejandra and David by sending an email email@example.com
If you should have any other ideas of how you can serve, please let us know. Thank you and God bless.